Friday, August 20, 2010

Logging Underway





I visited RiverBend today and heard the distinctive sound of chain saws. As I made my way through the woods to the source, the signs of commercial vehicles with their "collateral damage" became evident. This image is a commercial logging vehicle owned by American Timber Company. I asked them to stop and speak with me. Mr. McNeil told me that his company has been contracted to harvest timber on two tracts in RiverBend. He could not name or give a description of the persons he spoke with. The site pictured here is on property owned by Dave Watts. Mr. McNeil told me that there is one additional tract that he will be working on next week.

Along plank road, several tracts have been clear cut recently. I stopped at JR Moore store in route home and spoke with Billy and Lisa. This company has been very active in the area recently.

When I returned home I reviewed our sales documents. No timber harvesting. Permission to cut trees over 4" diameter must be obtained in advance.

There are many deer stands on the property. Opening day for deer hunting season will be crowded if the number of new deer stands is any indication.

No comments:

Post a Comment