Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Neighbors
















Yesterday while hiking I unexpectedly came upon the Hineken home which is adjacent to RB. I am somewhat bold, so I went to the door and introduced myself to Crystal Hineken. We had a nice discussion about the area and her observations since moving in two years ago. I believe the Hineken family is a nice resource for us. She agreed to call if she noticed unusual activity at RB.


I've now met all of our neighbors and they are good, down to earth country folks. The Acord family is closest and the Logan's are nearby. Their sweetcorn is waist high and should be ready for picking in about 5 weeks.

DG

1 comment:

  1. I must say I'm gald we have a bold member among us, Dr. G! Community is very improtant and it's wonderful that you have moved to acquaint our neighbors with our little group. I honestly don't know when we will find time to get over to Riverbend for a period long enough to encounter anyone by chance. I think we'll have to plan some sort of event soon so that we can all catch up. It might be a good opportunity to invite the neighbors so we can all get to know one another a little better.

    ReplyDelete